“The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, because you did not trust in me, to show my holiness before the eyes of Israelites, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them”
Numbers 20: 12
Believe me, there are so many lessons to learn from this Bible chapter and these are;
1) You cannot fight for God! Do not think you can. God does not need you to go and kill someone on His behalf. He does not need you to murder thousands of people thinking you are doing this for Him. If God need to deal with someone, He will do it himself. You maybe a Christian, but your mission is not to terrorise the lives of people with the thought in your mind that you are doing it for God.
Listen, God is not a murderer. Even if anyone insulted Him like the way the Israelites did, that cannot move God to kill them. God is love and that means He forgives no matter who and what level of offences.
2) When God instructs you to do something, do it the WAY He commanded. Do not use your own method thinking that God will understand. I have heard that statement so many times and it hurts me ‘God understands’.
There are issues that you just have no choice than to obey God. Tell me, who are you to think you can boycott God? Even if you do and hide under your cosy bed, God’s eyes are everywhere and He sees you.
If Moses and Aaron had obeyed God, surely they would have gotten the privilege to enter Canaanland. Their disobedience cost them their lives.
3) It was Moses who insulted the Israelites and struck the rock twice BUT because Aaron was Moses accomplice, he (Aaron) too paid the price for disobedient.
Avoid being an accomplice with someone who finds joy in toying with God. Avoid friendship with a terrorist. Flee from intimate with anyone who laughs at God.
4) Mind the way you talk! Whenever you are angry, do not talk. Wait until you are calm and the anger is gone off you. it was out of horrible anger that Moses lost it all. What a painful experience to him. He worked all his live to get the Israelites out of Egypt but he ended up losing his right to enter the promise land with them. God only allowed him to see the land from afar before his death.
Anger is a terrible emotion and you must deal with it fast if you don’t want it to destroy you.
5) Finally, respect God. Respect the Powerful Living Word of God. What God says is true and you only have to say ‘yes Lord’ whenever you are send on any errand.
It takes the Divine Power of the Holy Spirit of God to help you understand what God requires from you. Do not make the same mistake as Moses. It does not pay you to lose your life out of disobedient.